Please note that the Travel and Tourism qualifications are currently off Register and under review, pending updated release in the first quarter of 2019. Centre interest welcome to inform our review.
The ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism is a 60-credit size qualification and is the equivalent level to the second year of a degree. Learners must complete the 3 mandatory units totalling 45 credits and a further 1 optional unit to make a total of 60 credits to achieve the diploma.
Key areas explored include the context of the travel and tourism industry and its impact as well as the communication and the people management skills required of managers working in any sector.
At a glance:
- The Diploma is 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Graded ‘Achieved’ or ‘Not achieved’
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
There are two different sized qualifications. If you study the 60-credit diploma then you must study all 3 mandatory units and select 1 optional unit. The 30-credit Certificate requires you to study the unit “The Travel and Tourism Sector” plus one of the other two mandatory units. To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
- Travel and Tourism Organisations in a Global Context
- Managing Communication
- People Management
- The Management of Visitor Attractions
- Passenger Transport Operations
- Tourist Destinations
- Tour Operations Management
- Resort Management
- Finance and Funding in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Special Interest Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Marketing Principles and Practice
Age: 19 + Entry profile:
- prior study in tourism, management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- a level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism
- other equivalent international qualifications
Tuition Fee: £1200.00